View Profile Gi-go

40 movie Reviews with Responses

All 134 Reviews

Great Man

Really impressed with this.
I was cringing when it got to the little girl part. I am still dredding reliving the scene from NG Horror show :D
I look forward to Ep.3 and Dead Rain!

SickDeathFiend responds:

glad joo liked it :D
I will say what happends to the little girl is quite a bit different than the old one, but it will still be bad muahaha.

Very Emotional

While the animation wasn't the best I've seen, you are good at conveying an emotion. I think you should try to expand on that. It's so rare in a flash movie (or even a Hollywood movie) to dread the death of one of the main characters. In this I really didn't want her to die, and I never feel that usually.

Don't listen to some of these reviews. People don't realize we are trying to make simple flash movies by ourselves without some kind of production team, so they pick every little detail apart.
Good luck on the next ones!

DJJ-asshole responds:

Thanks, I appreciate your review.

You explain yourself really well, and that motivates me to do something better.

Again, thank you. I'll mind about the emotional thing being good.

Great Job Alex

I'm really happy for you Alex, I know how bad you wanted this.

I liked this one, but oddly enough I favored the first one more. This one is still good it just dosent seem as action packed to me. Your style is very cool and if you spent some more time to do some exta inbetween movement animation I'm sure you will get even better awards than this.

Good luck man!

BritishMoose responds:

Thanks for the support, Seth, I'm quite surprised that NF has received such positive response! I know what you mean about less action-packed. With the first, I only had 37 seconds (I did the ending first) and so it was a lot more manic than this one, which was planned more conventionally from beginning to end. That's what I think anyway ^^

Thanks again for the review - I'll try and smoothen up the movememnt in the next one ^^

Insanely good movie!

I havent seen one like this in a long time, and this was great.

A full tale told perfectly through a flash movie. I think you should enter this in a short film contest or something. I just really loved the whole atmosphere of this, everything was pulled off flawlessly. I usually dont like the big head style bodies, but you made it work. The fbf in this was so smooth I couldnt believe it. You showed so many different things in this and I cant find a problem with any of them, and I'm usually really good at finding flaws. All of your futuristic ideas were completely great. The sound effects were superb throughout the entire movie.

There were some things I dont even know how you did. I wasnt sure how you made the edges of the trees glow as the flying green lines of the masked child went across the forest. I didnt know how you made the shine on the lake look so good either. Was that just a bunch of groups of alphaed white dots? Anyways, it was... wow, very good.
I will add this to my favorites for sure.

Belka responds:

The glowing edges and the glittery water were pretty simple actually.

For the trees, I just made a mask that consisted of thin strips following the edges of trunks. Then made a circle filled with a radial gradient - lime green fading from 100% to 0% opacity, and made this circle move from left to right with a simple tween. When the gradient moves under the mask, it gives the effect you saw :)

the glitter is similar - a mask made of dozens of tiny dots, and under the mask multiple circles filled with a white radial gradient are moving randomly...

in both cases it's better to make the strips and dots as thin and small as possible, keeping them visible though.

well hope it makes sense and helps you with your own works :)

Another good one!

Another good 28 weeks style movie.

The idea to kill the zombie with the fire tennis ball was a little out there, but it looked liked you wanted it to be. I noticed that you did that cool 300 slow mo thing when he was cutting off limbs, that looked good.

The only problem I had was that everything looked kind of rushed and sloppy, your fbf was great, I just wish you had done more detail on everything. If it all had detail then this would be one of my favorite movies for sure. I also thought you needed some different screams and stuff, because they've been used a ton through KDID 1 and 2. Dont get me wrong though, it was still really cool.

danomano65 responds:

haha good one!

Haha, Great

When I looked at this I was thinking "Oh no, another lame Metal Gear parody", then I got a little interested when you said you used his real voice, but I still thought it must not have been done well.

I had my mind completely changed, you did a great job cutting the sounds into this. I mean there wasnt much to it, but it still made me laugh. I think the first Colonel call made me laugh the most. I was surprised how long you kept that going, it was perfect.

Anyways good job, I liked it.

Gaizka responds:

Heh, thanks. I tend to try something more innovative when I do a parody, there's no point being formulaic.

Dude AWESOME!

Thats all I have to say, but I'll say more anyways!

It was awesome! And Hey! Thanks for the awesome wuick tip, I was confused about that problem! But now its all fixed and my gaming entertainment gear is all ready to go!

I was on the edge of my seat when you guys were walking through the cabin! And then when you found Jason, I fell off it! Awesome!

Anyways, the game review was awesome! I think I'll head over to my local produce and video games market and get my own copy today!

Dad is such a joker! Hahahaha!

Thanks!

FarFromSubtle responds:

Careful dude! Jason is no team player! Good luck with your adventure into awesome video gamedom!

Stay AWESOME!

Very Cool

You pull of that whole simple style very well. I really enjoyed the fbf animation of the girl. My favorite was the guitarist fbf though, I was hoping there would be more of that.

Overall though, it was a really cool idea and this site needs some good music videos. The ones on here are mostly crap, but maybe good movies like this will inspire people to actually animate again, instead of making 2 days games.

Anyways, I enjoyed it, and I hope you make something again soon, because your style is pretty cool, and with a little inprovement in detail it will be great.

SecretSecretary responds:

Thanks, your review helped a lot.
I'm constantly trying to get better and try different things with my flash. I know my skills are not that great yet, but I'm slowly getting better.

Pretty Cool

I admire the FBF stuff in here. I liked the idea, but more so the atmostphere. It made me zone out and think (in a good way).

It was a nice change to the everyday stuff.

tricolor responds:

Reviews like this mean so much to me. I'm so glad that you liked it and got a positive vibe from it.

I can't say I liked it.

I know you say you don't like the voices, but if you don't you should seriously look into changing them. Plenty of people will be willing to help you with that on this site, especially if theyre getting credit from a front page movie.

Those voices though completely ruined the movie for me. I could even hear you clicking off the sound recorder. Lets go to animation. I don't know why it took you so long, it isnt a hard movie to make. You just made a couple of symbols and tweened them around basically. The only thing I did like, which is why I gave you the 4, the style. I have seen it a couple times, (the black and white with no black lines), but if you would work harder on a movie I'm sure it would look much cooler.

Nandi responds:

Yeh only -now- people would bother to help me. Bleh just for e-fame.

It took so long cos it was the first time tweening like that, first time using backgrounds, and using that style. I don't practice this stuff D:. A month is 720, I only spent 120 animating. Give me a break, it's my first proper movie ;o;

Thanks for the review.